By Martha Nell Smith,Mary Loeffelholz
- Covers biographical methods of Dickinson, the old, political and cultural contexts of her paintings, and its severe reception over the years
- Considers concerns when it comes to the various codecs within which Dickinson?s lyrics were released ? manuscript, print, halftone and electronic facsimile
- Provides incisive interventions into present serious discussions, in addition to beginning up clean parts of severe inquiry
- Features new paintings being performed within the critique of nineteenth-century American poetry in general, in addition to new paintings being performed in Dickinson studies
- Designed for use along the Dickinson digital records, an internet source built during the last ten years
Read or Download A Companion to Emily Dickinson (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar biographies & memoirs of authors books
Eine Kindheit in Dresden: Erich Kästner, geboren 1899, erzählt von seinen Eltern und Großeltern, dem Familienleben, den gesellschaftlichen Zwängen und Konventionen, dem Treiben auf den Straßen und Plätzen der Stadt. Kästners Erinnerungen, die junge wie alte Leser seit über 50 Jahren in ihren Bann schlagen, sind ein zeitloses Meisterwerk voller Witz, Esprit und menschlicher Wärme.
A glance again on the cultural and political strength of Pulitzer Prize–winning poet Gwendolyn Brooks, in get together of her hundredth birthdayArtist–Rebel–PioneerPulitzer-Prize successful poet Gwendolyn Brooks is without doubt one of the nice American literary icons of the 20th century, a protégé of Langston Hughes and mentor to a iteration of poets, together with Sonia Sanchez, Nikki Giovanni, and Elizabeth Alexander.
During this brief fascinating memoir, Kherdian takes us on his lengthy trip to turn into a author: a trip of self-discovery and deliverance to a existence he couldn't think he may ever in attaining. Following him, we regularly fail to remember what he's looking for, yet what does turn into obvious are the disclosing styles of his existence that spread uncontrollably, as decided by means of his destiny, that he needs to discover ahead of he can notice his real future.
Nel 1888, quando arrivò in Italia nemmeno venticinquenne, il giovane dandy e aspirante letterato Bernard Berenson period già alla sua seconda incarnazione: nella precedente period stato il figlio di un venditore di stoviglie ebreo lituano, emigrato a Boston; ora, pur privo di ricchezze proprie o credenziali accademiche, si apprestava a diventare il portentoso conoscitore dello stile degli antichi maestri che il capitalismo sanguigno, dirompente, vorace della Gilded Age avrebbe eletto a propria guida nel mercato dell'arte.
- Le temps se signe à quelques repères: Mémoire (OJ.SC.HUMAINES) (French Edition)
- Onrust (Dutch Edition)
- Weimarische Theaterbilder aus Goethe's Zeit (German Edition)
- Jane Austen: The Banker's Sister
Extra resources for A Companion to Emily Dickinson (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Emily Dickinson (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Martha Nell Smith,Mary Loeffelholz