By Charles Lyell
This e-book is a duplicate of the unique ebook released in 1854 and will have a few imperfections similar to marks or hand-written notes.
Read or Download A Manual of Elementary Geology, Or, the Ancient Changes of the Earth and Its Inhabitants PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
Written via exotic historians of technology and faith, the thirty essays during this quantity survey the connection of Western non secular traditions to technological know-how from the start of the Christian period to the overdue 20th century. This wide-ranging assortment additionally introduces numerous ways to knowing their intersection, suggesting a version no longer of inalterable clash, yet of complicated interplay.
The layout inference uncovers clever explanations through setting apart their key trademark: distinct occasions of small likelihood. absolutely anything that occurs is extremely inconceivable, but if a hugely inconceivable occasion is additionally distinctive (i. e. conforms to an independently given trend) undirected common motives lose their explanatory strength.
This new version of Thomas Kuhn's Revolution marks the fiftieth anniversary of the booklet of Kuhn's so much influential paintings. Drawing at the wealthy archival resources at MIT, and interesting totally with present scholarship, James Marcum offers the old historical past to the improvement of The constitution of medical Revolutions.
Galaxies are often called the development blocks of the universe, yet arriving at this figuring out has been a thousand-year odyssey. This trip is advised in the course of the lens of the evolving use of pictures as investigative instruments. preliminary chapters discover how early insights built in accordance with new tools of clinical imaging, rather images.
- Natürliche schöpfungsgeschichte. Gemeinverständliche wissenschaftliche vorträge über die entwickelungslehre im allgemeinen und diejenige (German Edition)
- The Metaphysical Foundations of Modern Physical Science: A Historical and Critical Essay: Volume 24 (International Library of Philosophy)
- The Customization of Science: The Impact of Religious and Political Worldviews on Contemporary Science
- Value-Free Science?: Ideals and Illusion
- Hybrid Knowledge in the Early East India Company World (Cambridge Imperial and Post-Colonial Studies Series)
- David Rivett: Fighter for Australian Science
Additional info for A Manual of Elementary Geology, Or, the Ancient Changes of the Earth and Its Inhabitants
A Manual of Elementary Geology, Or, the Ancient Changes of the Earth and Its Inhabitants by Charles Lyell