By Teresa J. Bandosz
Activated Carbon Surfaces in Environmental Remediation provides a complete precis of the environmental purposes of activated carbons. as a way to comprehend the removing of contaminants and toxins on activated carbons, the theoretical bases of adsorption phenomena are mentioned. the results of pore constitution and floor chemistry also are addressed from either technological know-how and engineering views. each one bankruptcy presents examples of actual functions with an emphasis at the position of the carbon floor in adsorption or reactive adsorption. the sensible facets addressed during this publication disguise the huge spectrum of functions from air and water cleansing and effort garage to struggle gasoline elimination and biomedical applications.
This booklet can function a guide or reference e-book for graduate scholars, researchers and practitioners with an curiosity in filtration, water therapy, adsorbents and air cleansing, as well as environmental regulations and regulations.
- Addresses basic carbon technological know-how and the way it pertains to functions of carbon surfaces
- Describes the vast spectrum of activated carbon purposes in environmental remediation
- Serves as a instruction manual or reference e-book for graduate scholars, researchers and practitioners within the field
Read or Download Activated Carbon Surfaces in Environmental Remediation (Interface Science and Technology) PDF
Similar chemical & biochemical engineering books
During the last century,medicine has pop out of the “black bag” and emerged as some of the most dynamic and complex fields of improvement in technology and expertise. at the present time, biomedical engineering performs a serious position in sufferer prognosis, care, and rehabilitation. As such, the sphere includes a wide selection of disciplines, from biology and body structure to informatics and sign processing.
Siting of everlasting and transitority structures in procedure components calls for cautious attention of power results of explosions and fires coming up from unintended liberate of flammable fabrics. This e-book, which updates the 1996 variation, offers a single-source reference that explains the yankee Petroleum Institute (API) everlasting (752) and transitority (753) construction urged practices and info the right way to enforce them.
This assessment of diffusion and separation techniques brings unsurpassed, enticing readability to this advanced subject. Diffusion is a key a part of the undergraduate chemical engineering curriculum and on the center of figuring out chemical purification and response engineering. This spontaneous blending approach is additionally principal to our day-by-day lives, with value in phenomena as different because the dispersal of toxins to digestion within the small gut.
The Chemistry of Hydrocarbon Fuels is worried with the chemical features of hydrofuels equivalent to coal, petroleum, and normal gasoline. themes coated contain diagenesis and catagenesis, processing of common gasoline and petroleum fractions, coal combustion, and chemical compounds that may be got from fuels. This publication is constituted of 14 chapters and starts with a finished remedy of the formation of fuels from gathered natural subject, in addition to the natural geochemistry of coal, oil, and fuel.
- PERRYS CHEMICAL ENGINEERS HANDBOOK 8/E SECTION 16 ADSORPTION&ION EXCH..
- Graphene: An Introduction to the Fundamentals and Industrial Applications (Advanced Material Series)
- Distillation Control & Optimization: Operation Fundamentals through Software Control: Operation Fundamentals through Software Control (Mechanical Engineering)
- Fischer-Tropsch Technology (Studies in Surface Science and Catalysis)
- Stratigraphic Reservoir Characterization for Petroleum Geologists, Geophysicists, and Engineers: 61 (Developments in Petroleum Science)
Extra resources for Activated Carbon Surfaces in Environmental Remediation (Interface Science and Technology)
Activated Carbon Surfaces in Environmental Remediation (Interface Science and Technology) by Teresa J. Bandosz